Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Re-Build Your Belief

It takes an effort but with faith it's has been possible, all it takes is for one to open up to God and the rest automatically falls into place, it makes me wonder why I was so indifferent at one point in life always thinking I could do everything on my own. I have come to the realization that without Him nothing is easy.

I can't believe that it has been three years since I joined the choir but it has and serving in that ministry has been very rewarding, the music, the songs were the instrument that pulled me back to church but listening to the Word of God and the teachings of Jesus Christ throuh  the scriptures is what keeps me coming back. So much to learn.

We are just one week away from Holy Week usually a busy time for us as a choir and we are preparing as best we can for the upcoming bilingual masses in which we will consolidate members from all the different choirs and make one big choir.

This Sunday for the second time since I joined the choir I will go up to the ambo to sing the Psalm. Something about facing the congregation makes it at first sort of a nerve wrecking experience but after the first verse things get easier. I will be singing Psalm 22 - "Dios mio, Dios mio, porque me has abandonado"  "My God, My God, why have you abandoned me". I sang this when I first joined three years ago but I did not go up to the ambo and sang it from where I stood in the choir area.

The Gregorian chant in Latin is making a comeback and I think it is great to bring something from the past into our present. It's like learning another language through song. I for one welcome it back when sang in the liturgies.

I know I have become a stronger person because my faith has grown too. When dealing with adversity I know I am not walking along thus making it easier to deal with whatever comes my way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All things are possible to him who believes . Jesus said this is the work of god - to believe in his son whom he sent

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Top Web Hosting | manhattan lasik | websites for accountants